6 . Summary and Suggestions

Purposes of practicum
The purposes of the practicum is to give student teacher opportunities to experience teaching in other country and learn the style of teaching, the cultures, the curriculum, and the education system of other countries. The day of teaching they were participative and the mentor gave me some comments for me to improve my teaching. So, on the process I could improve my teaching skills to be beter.
Procedures of practicum
This program is held for 1 month. Where in one month I did several activities related to the teaching process. In the first week, I did classroom observations. Second week, there was an assistantship and ancillary task, then independent teaching where I began teaching. Then the last, in the fourth week is the Grand Teaching Demo.
Outcomes of practicum
teaching is not only about learning about the content but also learning attitude and values as they live in the world but I saw students attaining those values of life which are more important than just a knowledge is how to gain value/moral value of the material. Teaching process is like a media to motivate students to become a good person and to get the best version of them.
The challenges of practicum
The challenges that I faced while doing the practicum are how to adapt to the new classroom atmosphere with consist of 50 students moreover this is my first teaching, how to adapt to the new learning styles of the students, how to communicate the materials well, and the most challenge is how to teach a topics that I never learn before. Fortunately, my mentor, my friend and my students helped me to enjoy my teaching process.
Overall impression
I am so grateful for the opportunity to join the sea-teacher program and University of Santo Tomas. This program gives me so many experiences. The experiences not only experience of learning new culture, new languages, and teaching experience, but also experience of discovering new family without seeing any background in other country. After my teaching practice I realize that being a teacher is not just gives the knowledge, but how to construct relations with the students until the knowledge could be transfering and taking by the students well. I really enjoyed teaching because students knew how to appreciate the teaching and I saw them enjoying the lessons. They respect the teachers very much yet they want to get closer to the teacher. Sometimes, teaching is not only about learning about the content but also learning attitude and values as they live in the world but I saw students attaining those values of life which are more important than just a knowledge. 

Suggestions for future improvement

My hope for the next SEA-Teacher program, there will be more participants with more university in ASEAN region. I hope that all of ASEAN countries will be interest to join this program and this program will be continue. In this program, we not only learn in the classroom, at school, or in campus. We can also learn more broadly about the culture, customs, habits, and regulations in other countries that are very likely different from our country. Then, after pass this program the participants have to share their experiences on a discussion meeting. University of Santo Tomas had pioneered this way, after the program passed all of the participants will be meet in a forum to share their experiences and show what are the difference of education system between their home country and their receive country.
the farewell party UST Sea-Teacher Participants

Komentar