5. Teaching Practice


Procedures of teaching
I got some advices from my mentor for teaching practice. He asked me to prepare the material as well as possible. He teach me some guides to be a good teacher are look at the student eyes to make the students focus on me and be comfort when teaching process. When doing teaching and learning process, firstly I check the presence of the students, ask them to check the room cleanliness and tidying up the student’s table. Then I did review before the topics go on and I present the students a video that is related to the topic material. The function of video here is to bridge the students to the material that is going to be studied.
teaching process
Time management and organizing activities
I have  75 minutes for teaching practice. So, I divided the time into 3 section. The first, 10 minutes that’s classroom routines such as opening prayer, checking of attendance and checking of classroom physical set up, then gives review and showing a picture or video to bridge students to the topic material. Then, 45 minutes for explanation the material and summarize today’s lesson. Finally, 20 minutes for evaluation that is an exercise will answer by their self for 15 minutes after that some of them write down their answer on the whiteboard then the teacher will correction.
Problem-solving
The problem are I found out some differences between the material on chemistry subject in Indonesia and Philippines and I faced was how to deal with 50 students in one class. To overcame them, i try to enjoy in teaching process at class, to engage the students  to answer together to not to lose their notice, and always look at their eyes every explain the important point.
Classroom management

To resolve the noisy classroom atmosphere, I always ask the students to tell their questions  every gives new things and always ask the important point to notice them. One of the most helpful sentence to manage the noisy classroom that is say ‘hello St.Cecilia or St. Cornelius’ it makes them more focus and they will answer ‘Hi Ma’am’.

Komentar